Thursday, October 8, 2015

My Roses


Iceberg roses.....Ive never been a fan then I started thinking about them and to cut a long story short we now have five standard Icebergs along my fence (urk the fence we need to paint it )..

Anyway Kev and I are pleased at how they are growing and we would go and count the buds  and get excited with new growth yes we were "rose pathetic"


Look at this beauty  she had 23 buds on her and this was her first flowering......


I just love these flowers .....


And here the story changes....

These dirty little bugs appeared...Athpids....

So Kev sprayed and they disappeared....

Then they came back.....

so Kev sprayed and they disappeared....

I put out a call to my IG friends any ideas?

I was told by quite a few friends  to use liquid dish washing  with water and spray your roses....

I DID THIS AND ..................


Yeah I got rid of the pests but I think I killed my roses..

I cant believe I did this and I cried and cried....

Then I saw this.....


One of the roses looks like a heart.....

Well I think it does ...

So I took this as a sign (Kevin I am not stupid you have to believe) I went and scrunched up all the dead leaves I could  then I got the hose and  gave the leaves and buds a good blast....


NOW LOOK......

All five roses in bloom....

I still have some dead leaves but I pull them off as I see them ...


They still look beautiful to me and I am happy they are ok....

Oh the joys of  gardening ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x