Friday, October 24, 2014

T shirt yarn rug...


I have been seeing all these t-shirt yarn rugs around and so I just had to make one....

I got my yarn from Lincraft for $9.95 a ball...

I ended up using 3 balls...


I downloaded the pattern from the net for an oval rug....


It made up really well and was so nice to use...


This is where the pattern finished ....

What...


So I just made up my own pattern for the last few rows.....

I didn't want to buy any more yarn as it was too expensive so I used what I had ...


Yeah all done......

It doesn't look real big does it....


So I put a pair of shoes on it and guess what you could use it as a mat for when you got out of the shower....


Or you could use it as a large  doiley on your dressing table.....

Either way I like it and will most likely make another I'll wait till the yarn goes on special or I will try Zpagetti which is another tshirt yarn ...

Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

4 comments:

  1. Looks nice but very small. Nice color for a rug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee! Saw the yarn in Lincraft today. I bought a ball and now contemplating what to make! Your rug is charming and I love the oval shape. Well done and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry hope you use the yarn and I would love to see what you do with it-love dee x

      Delete
  3. This is lovely. My cousin makes these as well, but she actually cuts strips of old tshirts rather than buying the yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x