Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Baby birth blocks.....

Do you ever get an idea for a craft then have to wait and wait till you find just the right thing to use to make up your idea...

I do all the time.....

I had an idea to do little Birth Crown Blocks...one for Jaxon and another for Lilly....but I couldn't find what I wanted for the boy block....


Until Christmas time then I found this cute little crown in their decoration's aisle in our local $2 shop...

PERFECT....

Well it was after I pulled the fabric out of the side  ha ha...

I also bought the little tiara from the same shop...


These were so simple to make.....

I got Kevin to cut me some blocks out....


Then in Word I printed the details....one side had  name the next side had weight length and the third side had time and date....

For the front I found a newborn shot of each baby and printed these out in black and white.I wanted the block to be simple so I thought coloured photos may be a bit bright....these worked out perfect...


I just painted the blocks then when dried I modge podge the photos and words onto the block then gave them a coat on top to protect them...

I glue some feather boa on top of the block then stuck the crown and tiara on....I also added a ribbon to the tiara..


When I finished I decided to turn the tiara around on the pink block ... ..

I love these I really think they look pretty ....I am going to do one now with pictures of their first Christmas on them not sure if I will put anything on top of these though...I even may do a first birthday one for Jaxon what a good idea to have some photo blocks with major events that can be stacked and displayed together...


Just wanted to show you them again ha ha ha .....Hope you like these as much as I do

love


Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays over at Savvy Southern Style..

2 comments:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x