Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My beautiful new -old bed...

As part of our renovations/changing of our house the guest room is getting the full treatment....
After we paint it I have decided to I don't want timber floorboards any more in the bedroom so I am getting carpet in there.

Kev has just put a new ceiling fan in they gee I wish we could of had a nice chandelier  but a fan is more important....


The bed we had in this room was Kerry's old leather brownish black bed which apart from being very modern it is also a queen size.This is only a small room so I need a double bed in here...

While looking at eBay for a bed to buy so we could paint it I came across this beautiful bed it has a beautiful bed end as well but I forgot to take a photo of that ha ha ...

Anyway I kept thinking about it and thought go for it ....it is all painted ready to go .

The seller had heaps of photos of the bed so I didn't worry about going to look at it I just arranged for a courier to pick it up...

Wrong Big mistake.....


The paintwork had runs all through it and it was done in this terrible gloss paint and then Kevin said it wasn't attached properly to the bed head as well.]

So Kevin started to peel it .....and then peel it ...


 It kept coming off in big pieces.. so then he got the sander out and started sanding my what I thought was a beautiful bed into a great big mess.....


                                                       I felt like crying when I saw this mess....

Look at the huge pieces of paint that just came off... one thing I can say is that after Kevin had finished sanding he did do a great job and the bed is now ready to be repainted....

So now my white bed is no more It is a lovely timber bed and it is sitting in the garage waiting for Jaxons Christening to be over so then the bathroom can be renovated and while that is being done we can start to paint the guest room then the carpet THEN Kevin said we will paint the bed head and base....

Don't forget he had to do all this to the base as well...

Some people would have been happy with the paint work.I didn't realise how fussy we were till this bed came along I mean I haven't painted as many pieces as this lady but heck mine are a lot better than hers.

Kev said maybe I shouldn't be so critical of what we do but that's not right I would rather spend a little extra time in getting something right than to sell it to some one and they have to redo the piece.

Like this seller has lost a buyer as I wont be buying anything from her again....

So when all the rest is done (it has to get done in order) I will happily post a photo of the finished bed.And if Kev has anything to do with it and he will it will be-

 BEAUTIFUL!!!!

love
dee x



5 comments:

  1. Oh Dee - it's absolutely gorgeous !!!
    Beautiful makeover
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you painted it white - too funny - at any rate that's a gorgeous bed - I'd love to find one like it - can't wait to see what you do with it!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a gorgeous headboard. It's going to be stunning. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dee, that would have been so disappointing :( I hope you contacted the seller about her shoddy paint work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How disappointing! That’s the risk of buying from people online, the only guarantee you get are the photos that the seller posts online. And if the item turned out to be a disappointment, you have no warranty to get your money back. Good luck on repainting this headboard! On the brighter side, you can now pick a color that you like for your headboard. Dante @ The Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x