Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Diy Snow Globes Christmas craft 1

 
 

Yeah Christmas is coming and it is going to be a great year this year I can feel it....

This year I am going to be putting on my blog lots of easy Christmas craft projects so here is number 1.

On the craft front the LM is all of a sudden enjoying craft so I love bringing out bits that he can do...

One of these craft time ideas was Snow Globes...

I didn't want to use water because I just knew how it would end up with LM just peaking into the jar and water spilling out nope we went waterless...


You will need

Decoration to go inside of globe.
A jar any size can be used  so long as your decoration fits inside it...
Hot glue gun.
Artificial snow.
Some small pieces of styro foam just little off cuts will be fine...

I made two snow globes .

One with a screw on lid it has a red and white base and the other with a pull off lid...

Glue a piece of stryo foam onto lid ....

Remember that your decoration is going to sit on this if you put the decoration directly onto the lid you won't be able to see it once the snow goes in  so I made my foam be about 3cms high which when the snow went in it just came up to the feet of the decoration...
 

 
Same with the other jar but this time you glue the styro to the base of the jar...
 

Now glue your decoration onto the styro....


Best part.....

Tip in your snow.....

If your using a jar with a pull off lid like above tip snow into the bottom of the jar then put lid on...

If your sing a screw lid jar put the snow into the jar now get your lid with the ornament glued onto it and put this into the jar screwing the lid on at the same time now tip your jar up so the snow falls to the bottom...

Sorry if I sound like double dutch....

As you can see I just used enough to come up over the foam and to the decoration feet around 2-3 cms....


You cant see the foam once the snow is in the jar...



The snow has a little sparkle to it and who dosnt like a little sparkle...



Well I hope you like these  I put a little decoration around the lid on the smaller jar.

 So enjoy making your snow globes I have a couple more I want to make now...

Also I will be having a few Christmas DIY crafts being posted in the next couple of days I hope you will come and have a look at these.

Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful!
    What a cute idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much .I will pop over and have a look-love dee x

      Delete
  2. Very cute & glad that Aidan is enjoying craft.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x