Friday, September 12, 2014

Guest bedroom redo

Warning this post may effect your eyes as it is photo heavy proceed with caution ha ha
 
Our guest room is finally finish YEAH!!!!
 
It has taken a while to do ,Ashley lived in there then Kerry stayed with us for a year so now the kids are gone it was time to decorate and make it guest ready.
 
When Kerry moved out she left her queen bed here and while it was great I wanted a double bed to give more room around the bed .....
 
My grand plan was to have the room white walls ,carpet,new wardrobe doors and a wallpapered featured wall oh and did I forget to tell you we had to paint the bed head and foot ,paint the bedside tables and the side table no problem easy hey.....
 
We emptied the room and I got to work painting in the room which was easy as I could just close the door when I had had enough...
 



 
The furniture in different stages...
 
 
The offending doors that were  on my hit list....
 
 
Almost finished but as my mum was coming for the LM's birthday I had to make do,the only thing that wasn't done for her visit was the doors on the wardrobe (they were glassand being replaced  urkk) and the wallpaper hadn't arrived.



Oh we better hang the blinds back up for mum...
 

I made these vintage doiley hoops  cheap and easy but they look great...


 Finally new doors Love them.... the three prints are from Kmart...


Yes the wallpaper arrived from Germany now while I like this I wish it wasn't so beige. But that's what you get from ordering it online from a tiny sample.


 Kev started the wallpaper one Sunday morning it was his first time at hanging it but he said "he had watched his mum do it heaps" Great get me worried but no it turned out great....Kev did a fantastic job..


So there is only a couple of minor things to change and then the room is complete, one thing I want to do is paint the bedside table handles white..


Another is to put some sheer curtains up on this window but not too sure....

So thanks for looking at our guest room I am Sooooooo glad it is finally done...

ps I hope your eyes didn't hurt too much at all the pictures......


1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x