Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Mason Jar Cookie gifts




Teacher gifts URGHH!!!!

I really hate teacher gifts.....

I mean how many coffee cups with 'Best Teacher' them can a teacher have.

 
Well I decided to do something different.

I saw this on Pinterest and thought brilliant...

So I made Cookies in a jar....

That way the teacher could use it whenever she wanted to or re gift it ha ha


I had some Mason jars from I don't know where but Kmart sell them.

I made a little label for the front and also printed out the recipe and stuck it on the lid.

We had some silver ribbon so that decorated the jar perfectly...



Biggest hint I can give is make a cone out of a sheet of paper and pour your ingredients into the jar via this cone ,it  made it easier to fill the jars..


To make these yummy cookies here is what I did

Layer the jar by adding the following

2 cups of self raising flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup  of sugar
1 tablespoon salt
fill rest of jar with choc chips


The recipe I printed to go with these ingredient's was

heat to mod oven
grease cookie tray

tip jar into a bowl and mix
add
1/2 cup of softened butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
mix

drop spoonful onto tray bake 10 -15 mins


 There you have it a quick and easy Christmas gift.

PS- the teachers loved it...

 love
Dee xx




































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x