Thursday, September 20, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes 2

Now a couple of weeks ago I wrote that I didn't understand the fascination that everyone seems to have with Red Velvet cakes or cupcakes...

So I decided to try some that I bought....which is what I wrote about in that post..(ha ha I don't know how to link back to that post sorry ) Nothing to rave about there I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again... Even the icing was nothing special...

But it still kept coming into my head-Why are they so popular? What is so special about them ?

Enter Stage 2...It could have just been the previous cooks recipe so .I am going to make up a packet mix  of  White Wings Red Velvet Cupcakes.




 
So the results are in ...We all like these far better than the bought ones....Yes I will make these again..(actually I have already bought another packet )I don't like chocolate cake but I do like these.Kev said they have a nice aftertaste? and he enjoyed them...
So on the whole Red velevt cupcakes stage 2 was a sucess..
 
And yeah the Little Man did like them he has ate 4 already and licked the bowl and mixers clean he he he but that is what cooking is about "licking the bowl"...
Stay tuned for Red Velvet Cupcakes 3

1 comment:

  1. Anything would be nicer than the bought ones, and you can't beat White Wings for a good cake mix. Tried & tested.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x