Monday, November 12, 2012

The Christening...

I think you all know we went up to Coffs Harbour for our Granddaughter Shakira's Christening -boy what a hectic couple of weeks we had in doing bits and pieces for the next 3 events..

First the Christening then the Wedding finally our nieces 1st Birthday party.

I am so glad things are quiet for the next two weeks I can relax (yeah like that is going to happen I have a 2 hour appointment with the dentist tomorrow Yipes.... not looking forward to this one...)  then BANG!!!! it will be on full time  ..

The LM has Graduation Day from Kindy -Mum is coming down for this from QLD  (yeah) and I have tickets for us to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....Then Christmas "CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THE CLOCK"I need to get off "

Anyway I forgot to post the Christening photos so here goes....Shakira was beautiful and it turned out quite a nice day....

Ashley and Kerry were part of the Godparent team along with Teala's sister and her friend..( sorry I am so slack but I have forgotten their names at the moment )

 The service was very nice just about right for the time it took.I was surprised by the LM-we told him this is a Church and that God lives here and you have to be good in here.and wait for it.....
HE WAS.....

I love the picture with Emmanuals hand was on LM's shoulder when we had to stand for a Hymmn.
 The LM was trying to read the Bible he found a couple of words he knew so this kept him very happy....

I was a naughty Nana and gave Shakira a pink cupcake and boy did she like that she latched on and sucked and sucked it and wouldn't let go......

Too cute but that is what Nana's are for aren't they ....I know my mum is like that all the Grandkids use to go to her handbag where she ALWAYS had mints and the kids still remember this......

And Kev's mum is the same she has chocolates always in the fridge for the kids so I am just following what all the Nana's in our family do...

I just hope my Grandkids will love me the way our kids do to our mum's....ha ha ha fingers crossed.
 Our family photos of the kids with their partners and Great Grandma and Great Granddad and of course the Happy family.


Cupcake sucking -I love this picture so that is why you got it twice.Pam and Racheal looked good giving Shakira a cuddle....And the LM -Shakira and Luca (what a drama to get this photo..."I don't want to Dee .."."No not now I am playing"...."I want to go to the tiolet....."

So this was the best we could get of the 3 of them.......

 It's all too much for a Little Princess.......Proud Dad and Mum...

So even though it was a hectic time getting ready and making bits it was wortht he hassle and we had some fun on the way up .....

The LM was sooooo good except for when he and Luca locked us in our room  ( a 2 story room so no jumping out the window.....and Mel saved the day by calling  reception to get us out.

We can laugh about it now but at the time GRRRRRRR let me out!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the photos and once again the Photo Collages are from "Pic Monkey and as always they look stunning you have to try it soooooo easy..

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day. I need to get around to that for my second.

    If you would like to discuss the pretzel lounge can you email me. Not sure right now that I'm selling the amo box.
    Carolyn
    desireempire@iprimus.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the christening. Now some rest time , I don't yhink so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x