Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birthday cake and matching candle.

I did this post awhile ago but I kept forgetting to post it I wanted to show you because I thought the possibilities are unless..
 
We had a birthday cake for the LM's birthday when we went to hooters but on LM's  actual Birthday I made him a "freckle" cake and matching candle.....

I saw this idea on how  to decorate a candle  at Two Shades of Pink . What a great idea I thought and how easy peasy my favourite...

So this was the perfect option for me as I made the freckle cake.

All I did was buy a candle.

Paint Modge Podge  inside the candle on both sides.

Sprinkle 100's and 1000's over the candle then tap off the excess sprinkles just make sure you have some paper under the candle because I forgot and there was a mess of sprinkles everywhere....

The end result was really good and this only took around 10mins max to make.....


For the cake I made a little vanilla round cake. I think it was a 4inch round tin that I used.
When it was cool I cut the top off to make level.

I covered the cake in vanilla (pre made ) frosting.

Then I put two rows of freckles (lollies) around the side of the cake ...

Then I poured sprinkles on the top and stuck in the candle.

The cake looked happy that's if a cake can look happy but this one did....

The LM loved it as he really loves freckles cause he said they are his favourite lollies.I don't believe him because he loves all types of chocolate but hey it's his birthday and he was really pleased with his candle and cake  and that is the main thing and all that matters...


1 comment:

  1. Very good Deidre. Aidan looks like he really loved it as I'm sure he did.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x