Saturday, June 22, 2013

winter garden

 Just showing you some of the plants that are growing (I mean surveying) in my garden  this Winter...and some new ones that have replaced the dead ones....I am usually not too bad at growing plants but being sick means I don't get out into the garden much anymore (well not at all ) and Kevin tends to really be hard when he trims the plants while I tend to like plants blending in to each other.
So while I can't do anything I cant (well I still try to ) say anything to Kevin about how he does it wrong his way....
 
 
We had to replace my lavender as Kev trimmed it back but was too hard with it and they died. So we bought  new ones and by the time Summer comes they will be all one bush,and will be looking beautiful.I cant imagine a garden without lavender it is just so pretty and smells divine....

 
These little pansy surprise me.They were in a pot but the heat of Summer killed them anyway these cute ones just grew  out of a tiny crack in the footpath, I couldn't bear getting rid of them.They make me smile to think they just grew without any help and have survived....

 
We put two new gardenias in the front garden for a change as I had a big gap..

 
I don't know what this is called but it so pretty and is growing out the front...I love how the colour looks against the render of our house it changes all the time but it still looks good any way...


My agapanthas are looking good.They kind of die off after summer but now they are thriving...It is a really hot space against the fence where they are  but they seem to like it and I love it when they are in flower...PERFECTION....


 
I love this red /purple grass. It is in a pot out the front it tends to die off then come back better than before.. It also seems to like this spot where it is hot and gets little shade and it loves water .
 
....
I will never plant English Boxus again....Finally after 6 years they are almost merging into the hedge I want.They are so slow growing .Looks nice but too slow for me...
 
So that's it for the front yard I will do the back yard when I can get down those stairs-
have a great weekend

1 comment:

  1. The lavender in your front garden always looks beautiful. I agree that the English box is far to slow growing for my liking.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x