Monday, June 10, 2013

Come fly with Kevin

For Kevin's birthday this year LM and I bought him a hour hands on flight in a glider...
You all know that Kevin was getting flying lessons but when the LM came along he gave it up for awhile as it is quite expensive to do and the time factor was also an issue but regardless Kevin loves flying and has done  aerobatics when he was learning and also has flown in a couple of old planes so I thought this would be something different that he would enjoy-plus I really wanted to get him something special to show him how much we appreciate him....


Well today was the day he  got to go and do it.

 
This was another glider taking off I actually missed Kevin taking off as I was reading the paper-bad wife...

Kev was pretty excited while I was scared ..Not scared scared  just hoping everything would go perfectly for Kev- no that's a lie I was scared Sh@#less..... especially after we got there and I saw them taking off and landing...

"you sure you want to do this?how about we go somewhere for lunch instead" I said quietly...

"don't be silly it will be fine "he said with that look of omg your an idiot.


That's Kev landing.I tell you it was the longest hour of my life and I was so happy to see him back on terra firma...


                                     These pictures were taken by the LM pretty good hey...


                                  Kev looks really handsome here,very serious though...


"Show me how to drive DA."..the LM was really interested in how it worked.

Thank God he didn't break anything ha ha


Kev really enjoyed this experience as it was a hands on one.The pilot told Kev he flew really well then Kev told him he was learning to fly years ago....(I think he may just start again when the LM is bigger )....


                                                          Big smiles for the camera.
The guys running the gliders were great-they took time to speak with the LM and took him over to a great spot so LM could film Kevin landing the glider.Then they took him to Kev and said he could sit inside the glider but LM is quite shy sometimes and wouldn't do it but was quite happy to sit on the wing.

Thanks fellas you not only made Kevin's day and gave him some great memories but you did the same for the LM-he hasn't stopped talking about it  but then again that's what he does all the time.TALKS.....
                                                    My Top Gun and his wing man.....

1 comment:

  1. Good for Kevin, I'd prefer an engine in the plane when I fly. John wants to know what your trying to do to Kevin, fast cars now this maybe swimming with the sharks next???

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x