Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Date and Nut Balls


Part of trying to be a lot healthier in our house is cutting out all the junk food we ALL eat....

The LM loves chocolate he gets that from his Nana big time....

But I cant just let them all go cold turkey  so over a period of a month I threw out heaps of chocolates lollies biscuit's just junk....

Don't get me wrong there is still chocolate in the fridge but no where near as much because Kev likes to munch out as well .There is still biscuits but when the LM asks for something to eat I tell him fruit(which he loves anyway just not as much as chocolate) and that he can have chocolate after the fruit well the fruit fills him up so he doesn't have the chocolate and slowly I am finding he isn't asking for chocolate as much...


Date and Nut Balls....

You need about 1 cup depitted dates I got Medjool dates  from Woolworth's.I soaked these for around 15 mins.
Nuts  about 1 cup use what ever you have I had some walnuts cashews and peanuts .
Cacoa -1/3 cup - well I didn't have this so I just used Coca and it was fine...
Coconut- I used fine desiccated coconut because that's what I had .
Water I just added this as I needed it was much .....maybe a couple of teaspoons..

Chia seeds- When the balls were finished I rolled them into these.

After soaking the dates to soften them I put all the ingredients into my processor and mixed away.I keep checking to see if I needed to add water ,you just need it to be all chopped fine and "mushed" together.

Then when I was happy with my mixture I rolled into small balls.I wanted them to be bite size so it was just pop in the mouth size this worked for us.

When they were rolled to size I then just rolled into the Chia seeds and placed on a lined baking sheet and stuck in the freezer till they were set then I just popped them in a container and kept in there.


I keep my in the freezer and they get out one or two when then remember but they like them cold and while I am not turning them into health nuts they are quite nice for a change,Kev's words not mind...

1 comment:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x