Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wedding Anniversary..



Today is our 9th Wedding Anniversary and I am more in love with Kevin today and it keeps on growing ....


Kevin not only took on me who had a lot of hang-ups from my 18 year marriage but he also took on Kerry  who was 17 when we got together.


He has been terrific with her and nothing is too hard for him to do for her.She is his daughter and that's how he treats her and now Jaxon is his grandson and he loves them both...


After being married for nearly 3years we had a hiccup and took on the Little Man.He was 6 months old and my nephew and he  needed a home so we put up our hands and after a few  sleepless nights he became our boy.Then we went to court and he became ours legally till he is 18.I have said this before but I hate that sentence-what when he turns 18 does it all end we stop loving him?kick him out of his home?


To be honest it hasn't always been easy ,but we have struggled through it all (we still are) and still love our little boy....

I think the day Kev said we would take LM into our home I knew then I made the right decision we I married him and that he was a special man...


                                                                Our four Children...

For my part Kevin had 3 sons -one who was 17 when I moved in then another one came one moved out another came to live here,it was hard for me having the boys and trying to be a new wife and I stuffed up quite a few times I still am now but I am trying.I think too that I was jealous that they wanted time with him when so did I so at times we clashed.I should have been more mature at times and regret it but I cant change the past I can only try to improve our futures....


                                                              All of us even our dog Spud.....


We had a lovely wedding.We had it at home and had fairy lights on our back deck.After  we got married we changed out of our clothes and Kev changed into shorts and T-shirt which is typical Kev.I just went casual...We even put a dress code on our invites saying shorts and thongs welcome...


Kev kept saying how happy he was that he was marrying me so I bought him Mr Happy undies and throughout the wedding ceremony and the reception Kev didn't wipe the smile off his beautiful face....


When it came time for the throwing of the garter we surprised everyone because Kevin had it tucked under his shorts and I had to take it off him.It was so funny.

So as I sit here and write this I think of how Kevin has changed my life made me a better person and shown me unconditional love.

I hope I have done the same for him...

So I just want to say Happy Anniversary " to my best friend I love you  and will love you today and tomorrow and every day till I die xxx

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Dee - and BEAUTIFUL photos - loved reading this!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to both of you & many more happy ones to follow. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x