Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Easy Boot Shapers

I love reading blogs and seeing what others have made it gets the creative juices moving. Recently I was reading a  post from Tamar from A Collection of thoughts  where she had made some boot shapers. Check out her site  you will love her posts she has some really good ideas...
Hers  boot shapers were fabulous and made me think that I want to make some.

Now I don't wear boots but Kerry does and she has some quite expensive ones so I thought I would make her a pair.

All you need to make these is....


a pool noodle, yes that's right a pool noodle.
some material.....
ribbon to match....

Cut your pool noodle to size.We cut it 40cms long which is just right for Kerry's boots.


Cut your material 25cm x the length of your noodle plus 10cms so in my case it was 25cmx 50cm .Make sure you cut 2 pieces


I like to use pinking scissors to give a neat edge but that's up to you if you do it or not.


I made sure I had the selvage at the top so I didn't have to hem it (too lazy) .All you do now is fold your material in half  the outside on the inside  and sew across bottom and up the side.

Turn your tube in...

Press if needed....


Pop in your noodle and tie a piece of ribbon around top. These are the same size I just angled them funny for the photo and didn't realise till later that I did it...


There you have it a beautiful pair of boot shapers that took less then 30 Min's to make.

Just hope Kerry likes them when she sees them....

Note.... I gave these to Kerry tonight and she loves them and wants another 3 pairs....I love it that she wants something I have made..

Today I am sharing at Wow us Wednesdays

3 comments:

I love reading your comments and would like to Thank you for taking the time to leave them.
Love
Dee x